We are providing this tutorial not as official support or recommendation to use GoDaddy as your registrar, but rather because we have had many people asking about how to do this.
We will use the following nameservers for this tutorial:
- Log into your GoDaddy.com Account
- Go to "Domains" > "My Domain Names" from the menu at the top of the page.
- Click on the domain name you wish to manage.
- On the summary page, scroll down until you find a "Host Summary" box on the left side.
- Click the link that says "View/Modify Detail" in the Host Summary box.
- Enter the subdomain for the first nameserver ("ns1") and the IP (10.0.0.1) into the "Host Name 1" and "Host IP 1" fields.
- Enter the subdomain for the first nameserver ("ns2") and the IP (10.0.0.2) into the "Host Name 2" and "Host IP 2" fields.
- Repeat step 7 for as many nameservers as you want to create.
- Click "OK" when you have finished entering your information.
- You will then need to proceed with changing the nameservers in the usual manner, as described in our video tutorial.